- Yeslyn PillayBIM Technical Specialist - Civil Infrastructure
Qualified as a Civil Engineer with experience in Structural Engineering and Project Management, Yeslyn considers himself a proactive, responsible, and result-oriented professional. Having a natural curiosity for structures, his passion led to him completing a Civil engineering degree at Durban University of Technology. Yeslyn is a dedicated, hardworking, and ambitious individual who is motivated by the desire to succeed and pass on his knowledge to help our clients in their digital transformation journeys.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: 23 - 25 May 2023
- Time: 2:00 am - 9:00 am
AutoCAD Fundamentals May 2023_CPT
The AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® Fundamentals training is designed for those using AutoCAD® or AutoCAD LT® with a Windows operating system. The objective of the training is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.
Part 1: Covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are introduced throughout the student guide. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts, such as:
• Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
• Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
• Organizing drawing objects on layers.
• Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
• Preparing a layout to be plotted.
• Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
Part 2: Continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of inserting a block to learning how to create blocks, and beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template. You learn skills such as:
• Using more advanced editing and construction techniques.
• Adding parametric constraints to objects.
• Creating local and global blocks.
• Setting up layers, styles, and templates.
• Using advanced plotting and publishing options.